- 1 pound Lump crabmeat
- 3 large egg yolks
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dry prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced chives
- 2 teaspoons finely minced shallot
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Spicy Remoulade Sauce:
- 1/4 cup cucumber, small dice
- 2 Tablespoons yellow bell pepper, small dice
- 1 Tablespoon scallions (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Tequila Lime Cocktail Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, dry mustard, Old Bay Seasoning, celery salt, lime zest, cilantro, chives and shallots.
- Whisk well. Add the crab meat and bread crumbs. Add a pinch of cayenne.
- With a spatula, gently fold the crab and crumbs into the mixture.
- Sprinkle the mixture with about 1 Tablespoon of the lime juice. Gently combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté a small amount of crab mixture to taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Form into 8 crab cakes.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before cooking.
- When ready to cook, heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- When the foam has subsided, add half of the crab cakes and sauté on each side until crisp and brown.
- Remove the cakes to a paper towel lined platter and place in a low oven until ready to serve.
- Repeat steps with remaining butter, olive oil and crabcake mixture.
- Combine all remoulade sauce ingredients and serve with crab cakes.
Stonewall Kitchen Ingredients