- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh beets
- 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin rings
- 3 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 8 cups mixed greens, washed and dried
- Stonewall Kitchen Balsamic Fig Dressing
- To toast walnuts, place nuts on a baking pan. Place in a preheated 375°F oven for approximately 7-9 minutes until they are light brown and fragrant.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- Wash beets thoroughly, then coat in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and wrap each in aluminum foil.
- Put aluminum wrapped beets on a baking sheet. Roast until they are fork-tender (approximately 45-60 minutes depending on their size).
- Unwrap beets. When cool enough to handle, remove their skin. Cut into quarters.
- Place lettuce on serving dishes. Top with roasted beets, crumbled blue cheese, and toasted walnuts. Drizzle Balsamic Fig Dressing over each salad.