- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into pats
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 2 Tablespoons half and half or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Place flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add butter. Process until the mixture is like coarse meal.
- Add the yolk mixture and vanilla. Blend until the dough forms clumps. Stop several times during this process to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Pat dough evenly over the bottom of the greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden on top and brown on the edges. Let cool on a rack.
- Warm the jar of Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce.
- Spread a thin layer on top of cooked cookie bottom (use enough to allow nuts to stick to cookie).
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts, then marshmallows, then coconut.
- Drizzle remainder of sauce over the top of the bars in a crosshatch design.
- Allow bars to set until chocolate sauce firms up.