- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a whisk combine the milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat on the stovetop. Heat until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Remove pan from heat.
- Whisk the eggs and yolks in a small bowl. Add a small amount of the milk mixture and whisk. Slowly add the egg mixture into the milk mixture in a slow stream whisking continuously. If added too fast the eggs will curdle. Pass through a fine-mesh sieve into a different bowl, preferably with a pouring spout.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon of the Sea Salt Caramel Sauce into each 6-ounce ramekin. Slowly pour the custard into each ramekin filling it 3/4 full.
- Place ramekins in a large baking dish pour hot water into the pan until it comes half way up the outside of the ramekins, making sure the water does not get into the custard.
- Carefully place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until set around the edges, but still loose in the center. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees F. Remove ramekins from water bath and cool on a rack. Serve warm or room temperature.