Made With Our
- 1 1/3 cups Guinness
- 1 1/3 cups (13 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Dark Chocolate Toffee Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3-3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Heath Bar Crunch for decoration
- Grease 2 (8-inch) round cake pans. Line with parchment paper cutting circles to fit the bottom of each pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the Guinness and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low simmer. Whisk in cocoa powder. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. With a whisk, blend until uniform.
- In a free-standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or you can use a hand mixer) mix the eggs and sour cream on medium speed. Add the Guinness mixture and mix until uniform.
- Slowly add the flour and blend until uniform, scraping down the sides as needed. Do not over-mix cake batter.
- Divide the batter between the 2 prepared cake pans. Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack and cool completely.
- Remove cakes from pans by running a knife around the edges. If the cake does not come out when inverted, run the cake pan over the burner of your stove on low heat making a circular motion with the pan. Make sure you do not burn the cake, or your hands. Use oven mitts. Just a few seconds should be enough. The cake should easily come out of the pan when inverted. Remove the parchment paper.
- While the cake is cooling make the frosting by combining the butter and cream cheese in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix until uniform.
- Add the Dark Chocolate Toffee Sauce and vanilla extract, mix until combined.
- Slowly add the confectioner's sugar and mix on low speed scraping down sides as needed. Add sugar to desired consistency and/or chill in the refrigerator. Frost cake and top with Heath Bar Crunch.