- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cups Stonewall Kitchen New England Cranberry Relish or Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 1 pound toasted bread cubes
- 1 cup celery, diced and sautéed
- 1 cup onion, diced and sautéed
- 1 cup dried fruit (a combination of cherries, diced apricots, chopped dates, apples, raisins)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dry sage or 1/4 teaspoon fresh sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Warm chicken/vegetable stock and butter in a saucepan.
- Add relish or chutney and stir until melted.
- Toss all other ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Gradually add liquid and stir until stuffing is lightly moist but not packed together.
- Turn mix into a shallow buttered baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F until top is crispy and heated through and serve as a side dish or use to stuff boneless pork roast, chicken, turkey, or butterflied pork chops.