Made With Our
For the slaw:
- 2 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Cilantro Lime Aioli
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon scallions, minced
- Salt and pepper
For the fish:
- 1 pound firm fish such as haddock, cod or mahi mahi
- Stonewall Kitchen Cilantro Lime Aioli
- 6 ounces tortilla chips, finely crushed
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 6-8 (6-inch) soft flour tortillas
- Limes, cilantro, sour cream, avocado or sliced tomato for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- For the slaw whisk together the vinegar, 2 Tablespoons Cilantro Lime Aioli and olive oil. Assemble and toss all of the slaw ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pat the fish dry. Cut diagonally into 1-inch wide strips.
- Generously brush the aioli on the fish coating both sides.
- Dredge the fish in the crushed tortilla chips, pressing and coating all sides of the fish.
- Allow to rest 15 minutes before frying.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a heavy skillet, about 1/4-inch deep, over medium to medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot and begins to shimmer, but not smoke, add the pieces of fish in batches making sure to not over crowd the pan. Cook several minutes until coating is a golden brown on the bottom. Gently flip the fish over and continue to cook until golden brown on other side. Remove fish and place on layered paper towels to drain.
- While the fish is cooking wrap tortillas in foil and bake for 10 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Divide fish between tortillas. Top with slaw and additional aioli. Serve immediately with garnishes.