- 3 large sweet onions, sliced thin
- 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cups or 3 (14-ounce) cans beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch slices, toasted
- 4-6 ounces Gruyere, Swiss or Provolone cheese, grated
- Over medium heat, warm oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven.
- Add onions and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes until onions are a deep, golden brown.
- Add Roasted Garlic Onion Jam, broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 4 heatproof bowls. Top with toasted bread slices and grated cheese.
- Broil 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Garnish, if desired, with fresh chives, parsley or thyme.
Stonewall Kitchen Ingredients
PromotionsMix & Match 4+ and SAVE 10% Details
Stock up on your favorites, try something new, or create a collection as unique as you are. SAVE 10% when you order four or more of our full-sized jams, jellies and marmalades.