Made With Our
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crumb crust
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Jam
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Fill bottom of a double boiler with water to 1-inch below the level of the top pan. Add egg whites to the top pan. Bring water to just a boil.
- Beat egg whites with a hand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until soft peaks form and the egg whites come to 138° F. This will pasteurize the egg whites, do not allow egg whites to get above 145° F. or they will not be smooth and creamy. Remove upper pan from double boiler if eggs are getting too hot. Whisk in sugar.
- In another bowl whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold together the egg whites and whipped cream as well as the fresh grated lemon peel and lemon juice until uniform.
- Fill the prepared graham cracker crust with the lemon cream mixture.
- Chill the pie 6-8 hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator before serving.
- For the sauce combine the Wild Maine Blueberry Jam, lemon juice and water in a small saucepan and heat until the consistency of syrup. Cool before serving over each piece of pie.