- Baste each Halibut with 1/2 Tablespoon Maple Mustard Dip.
- Pour breadcrumbs onto a plate, add salt and pepper, and mix together. Crust each filet on the same side as the mustard.
- Heat sauté pan on medium-high heat. Make sure that the pan is large enough to hold all four filets at once. Add olive oil and allow pan to heat about one minute more.
- Place filets in the skillet, crust side down. You should hear a sizzling sound.
- Cook until crusts become golden brown and crispy. Flip each filet over, lower the heat, and cook until done, about 4 minutes more.
- Place filets on a plate to rest.
- While the pan is still hot, deglaze the pan with the wine, being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan thoroughly.
- Add remaining 2 Tablespoons of Maple Mustard Dip, and stir until well incorporated.
- Add butter and heat until sauce begins to thicken. Serve this pan sauce over the fish filets.
Stonewall Kitchen Ingredients