Mastering the Layer Cake (cookbook signing)
You don't have to be an expert to bake like one! Watch along as Erin provides the building blocks for constructing a great cake.
- Date: Saturday, May 5th, 2018
- Time: 11:30am — 1pm
- Instructor: Chef Erin Gardner
Save 10% on products at the Cooking School Store the day of your class!
All fees are refundable and/or transferable up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled class. No refunds will be given for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice. Seating is first-come, first-served. For group reservations of 5+ seats, five business days must be provided in order to receive a full refund. If we must cancel a class, those signed up will be contacted by phone and a full refund will be issued. If you require handicapped seating arrangements, please call our Guest Services team Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.Your card will be charged on the day of your cooking class. [DETAILS]
- Served with a Light Lunch: Golden Potato Leek Soup with Grilled Pesto Chicken over a Spring Vegetable Salad - and, of course, a piece of amazing cake!
- The Cake: Housemade Strawberry Cake - the secret to Erin's 'Any Fruit Cake' recipe is revealed!
- The Filling: Lemon Curd - discover the easy and foolproof method to creating this luscious filling
- The Frosting: Swiss Buttercream - learn the technique behind this hot sugar icing, the significance of a crumb coating and how to decorate in style with buttercream pinstriping
- Assembly and Garnish: A Ganache Drip and Signature Chocolate Peony Flowers -finishing touches that are sure to impress!