- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise, or 1 large yellow or red tomato, cubed
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup drained capers
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo pasta and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to drain the pasta well. Transfer pasta to large mixing bowl.
- While pasta is still hot, add the California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, vinegar, lemon zest and lemon juice and stir to combine. Let pasta cool for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add olives, tomatoes, red onion, capers and parsley and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or cold.