The Manufacturing Mechanic is responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing equipment and room are maintained, repaired, and updated as needed for efficient, cost-effective, safe manufacturing environment and meet regulatory requirements.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Perform preventive maintenance on all manufacturing equipment and maintain accurate and thorough records.
- Conduct regular inspection of equipment to identify repairs needed, safety issues, etc.
- Assist in training Manufacturing Line Operators on safety programs that relate to maintenance (i.e. lock-out/tag-out program).
- Recommends, evaluates, and installs new equipment and/or line improvements.
- Reviews and works towards reducing production downtime caused by equipment issues.
- Coordinate and oversee maintenance and repairs using outside vendors to ensure timely completion within approved budget.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas.
- Ensure equipment is designed for timely and efficient changeovers.
- Continuously improve on the process/equipment with a focus on safety, quality and efficiency.
- Maintain adequate supply of spare parts.
- Respond to off-hours calls for building and equipment issues as needed.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Technical or trade school graduate or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in maintenance/repair of production equipment
- State of Maine boiler maintenance license (4th class or higher) preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license with no restrictions
- Must be able to bend, stretch, reach, climb ladders, life 50 lbs. on occasion and stand for several hours at a time.
If you are interested in sharing your employment information, please download our employment application and contact us at: