Made With Our
- 4 rib-eye or New York strip steaks, each about 1-inch thick (8-10 ounces)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Horseradish Mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons minced green onion, including green tops
- Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Rub both sides with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat large heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks, without crowding, in skillet. Sear 3-4 minutes or until meat develops and even rich brown crust. Turn steaks over and continue to cook 3-4 minutes longer for medium rare.
- Transfer to plate and let sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour broth into skillet; stirring to scrape up browned bits. Bring to a boil and reduce by half, 4-5 minutes. Stir in mustard and cream, bring to a boil and stir until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place steaks on serving plates and drizzle with mustard sauce, pass remaining sauce. Sprinkle green onion over and serve immediately.