Huevos Rancheros – Serves 4
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (red, yellow, green or a combination), 1/4-inch dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fire roasted or diced canned tomatoes, with sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces Chorizo sausage, fully cooked
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Salsa Verde
- 4 6-inch corn or flour tortillas
- 4 eggs, fried
- Sour cream
- Cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and bell peppers and sauté until vegetables are tender. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, cumin, salt, chorizo, and Salsa Verde to bell pepper mixture. Reduce heat and simmer while cooking the tortillas and eggs.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a 10 inch skillet. Heat over medium heat; when hot add the tortillas one at a time and cook until lightly browned on each side. Keep warm in a low temperature oven or wrapped in foil. Fry eggs to desired doneness.
- Serve bean mixture over tortillas. Place egg over bean mixture and garnish with guacamole, sour cream, and cilantro leaves.