Goat Cheese and Green Chile Quesadillas
- 1 package small flour tortillas (8 to package)
- 3 ounces mild soft goat cheese
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese or Queso Fresco, shredded or crumbled
- 1 can chopped green chilies, drained or 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Salsa Verde
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeños, optional
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Corn Relish
- Grill tortillas on a hot grill until golden on each side, or heat a sauté pan, lightly greased, over medium-high heat. Add a tortilla, cooking it on each side until golden. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or foil. If using foil, brush or spray with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Arrange two tortillas on each pan side by side. Sprinkle 1/8 of the Monterey Jack cheese or Queso Fresco over each tortilla.
- Dot each tortilla with 1/4 of the goat cheese, top with 1/8 of the Monterey Jack or Queso Fresco, sprinkle with 1/4 of the green chilies, Spicy Corn Relish, cilantro, jalapenos and scallions.
- Top with the remaining tortillas, pressing down on the filling to adhere.
- Cover the quesadillas loosely with a piece of foil and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to sit for a few minutes to cool.
- Cut the quesadillas into 6 pieces with a pizza cutter or kitchen scissors.
- Garnish the wedges with a spoonful of the Spicy Corn Relish and a drizzle of sour cream. Serve with an additional bowl of Spicy Corn Relish for dipping.