Mini Gazpacho Cucumber Shooters
- 1/4 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pickling cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1/4-1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Salsa Verde
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 seedless English cucumbers, about 12 inches long and more than 1 inch round
- Fresh dill sprigs for garnish
- Place the red onion, red bell pepper, and peeled pickling cucumber in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse processor until the vegetables are chopped fine.
- Add the tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and garlic. Pulse until tomatoes are chopped. Add the Salsa Verde (1/4 cup for mild or 1/2 cup for spicy) and pulse until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the cucumber shooters cut the seedless English cucumbers into 1-inch thick slices. Using a 1-inch round cookie cutter cut each cucumber making a cylinder and removing the skin. Each cucumber will be about 1-inch tall and 1-inch round. Take a small measuring spoon and remove the seeds making sure there is about 1/4-inch thickness on the sides and 1/4-inch thickness on the bottom. These can be made up to this point one day ahead. If making ahead, covered and refrigerate until you are ready to fill and serve.
- Fill each cucumber shooter with gazpacho and top with a sprig of dill. Serve cold or room temperature.