Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Tart
- 1 “Ready to bake” pie crust, or your favorite pie crust recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Mushroom Sage Steak Sauce
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press the pie crust into an 8 inch fluted tart pan. Trim excess dough from top edge and bake according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, toss the onions with the olive oil. Sauté over medium heat until the onions are caramelized, and light brown in color. Stir frequently. This takes an hour or so.
- Spread the Stonewall Kitchen Mushroom Sage Steak Sauce over the bottom of the pre-baked pie crust. Top with caramelized onions, cheeses and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until the cheese bubbles and is melted.
- Serve warm.