Maine Shrimp Fritters with Spicy Red Pepper Remoulade over Shaved Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 cup fresh uncooked Maine shrimp meat, chopped or shrimp of your choice cut into bite size pieces
- 1 package Jiffy brand cornbread mix
- 1 tsp Stonewall Kitchen Seafood Spice Rub
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, julienned
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Tomato Salsa, pureed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In bowl prepare cornbread mix and add shrimp meat and Stonewall Kitchen Seafood and Veggie Spice Rub.
- In skillet heat canola oil and drop in batter in large spoonfuls. Cook until golden on each side. Drain excess oil on paper towels.
- To serve, lay julienned iceberg on each plate and top with a shrimp fritter. Garnish with Red Pepper Remoulade.
Red Pepper Remoulade
- Mix salsa, sour cream and mayonnaise in bowl and whisk to incorporate all ingredients.
- Chill 15 minutes before serving.