Miniature Blue Cheese Popovers
- 1 box Stonewall Kitchen Popover Mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 1/2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh chives
- 4 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
- You will need 4 non-stick mini-muffin tins. Butter each cavity generously with the soft butter. Set aside.
- Empty the contents of the popover mix into a large bowl.
- In another smaller bowl, combine the eggs and melted butter, whisking vigorously.
- Whisk in the cold water. Add the chives and crumbled blue cheese to the liquid.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and stir with the whisk. The batter will be smooth, with lumps of cheese showing. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour the batter into the pans, filling about 3/4 full.
- Place in the oven to bake for about 18-20 minutes. Don’t open the oven until the timer has rung.
- Peek into the oven, and if the tops are not quite golden brown, continue baking 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, immediately loosen the popovers from the pan, and serve.