Crostini with Tomato, Avocado, Red Onion and Balsamic Dressing
- 1 loaf Tuscan or Artisan bread, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound smoked bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and cut into small dice
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh arugula, well washed, dried and chopped
- 1/4 cup (packed tightly) fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- Stonewall Kitchen Olive Oil & Balsamic Dressing
- For the crostini heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush each side of the bread slices with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toast each side until grill marks appear, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- For the salad, combine bacon, tomatoes, avocado, onion, arugula, parsley and basil leaves. Toss gently with Olive Oil & Balsamic Dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile the salad onto a bread slice and serve.