Sun-Dried Tomato and Olive Torta
- Grease and line a two cup bowl or deep dish with a sheet of plastic wrap large enough to allow a generous overhang on all sides.
- Drain pesto in a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. Reserve basil oil for garnish to drizzle on serving platter.
- Blot peppers with paper towel to remove excess liquid. Chop finely.
- Toast pine nuts in a 350 degree F oven for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Watch them closely so they do not brown.
- Spread 1/4 of the goat cheese in the prepared dish. Spread pesto over cheese. Spread 1/4 of the goat cheese over the pesto. Spread the chopped roasted bell peppers over cheese. Spread 1/4 of the goat cheese over peppers. Spread Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto over the cheese. Top with remaining goat cheese. Sprinkle toasted pine nuts over cheese layer, reserve 2 Tablespoons for garnish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Remove plastic wrap from top of dish and invert torta onto a serving plate, then peel off remaining plastic wrap. Let torta stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving. Drizzle serving plate with reserved basil oil and serve with crackers or toasts.