Sun-Dried Tomato & Olive Torta
- 3 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto (or your favorite)
- 10.6 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/3 cup roasted red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sundried Tomato and Olive Relish, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted and coarse chopped
- Grease and line a two cup bowl or deep dish with a sheet of plastic wrap large enough to allow a generous overhang on all sides.
- Drain pesto in a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. Reserve basil oil for garnish to drizzle on serving platter.
- Blot peppers with paper towel to remove excess liquid. Chop finely.
- Toast pine nuts in a 350 degree oven for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Watch them closely so they do not brown.
- Spread 1/4th of the goat cheese in the prepared dish. Spread pesto over cheese. Spread 1/4th of the goat cheese over the pesto. Spread the chopped roasted bell peppers over cheese. Spread 1/4th of the goat cheese over peppers. Spread Stonewall Kitchen Sundried Tomato and Olive Relish over the cheese. Top with remaining goat cheese. Sprinkle toasted pine nuts over cheese layer, reserve 2 tablespoon for garnish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Remove plastic wrap from top of dish and invert torta onto a serving plate, then peel off remaining plastic wrap. Sprinkle remaining Let torta stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving. Drizzle serving plate with reserves basil oil and serve with crackers or toasts.