Vegetable Stuffed Shells topped with Olive Marinara Sauce – Serves 6-8
- 1 box large pasta shells
- 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic oil
- 1 cup button mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1 small summer squash, diced small
- 1 8-ounce package whole or skim milk ricotta
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Cook shells according to package direction. Drain, toss with olive oil to prevent sticking and set aside to cool.
- Heat Roasted Garlic Oil in a heavy sauté pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft and juices have evaporated. Add chopped broccoli and summer squash and sauté until tender. Remove from pan.
- Mix together ricotta, egg and bread crumbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine ricotta mixture, vegetables and half of the mozzarella cheese. Stuff shells. Place in prepared pan.
- Combine Traditional Marinara Sauce and olives. Pour sauce over stuffed shells. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 20-30 minutes.