Blueberry Peach Filled Crepes – Serves 6-8
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cups Stonewall Kitchen Blueberry Peach Butter
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 3 peaches
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Blueberry Peach Butter
- Mint leaves for garnish
- For the crepes, whisk together the eggs, milk and oil in a medium size bowl. In another bowl whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. Add egg mixture to flour and whisk until smooth. Allow to rest 15 minutes and whisk again. Heat a 10-inch fry pan over medium heat until water sizzles when added to the pan. Spray with cooking spray or brush lightly with a little butter. Pour 1/3 cup batter into pan and turn pan in all directions to evenly spread batter around pan. Cook 30 seconds or so until the crepe is nicely browned. Turn and cook 15 or so seconds until the other side is browned. Place cooked crepes on a cooling rack or stack them between wax or parchment paper until ready to use.
- For the filling, whip cream with a standing or hand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment on high speed until soft peaks form. Whisk in sugar. In a medium-size bowl combine the Blueberry Peach Butter and Mascarpone cheese until uniform. Fold in the whipped cream. Chill until ready to fill crepes.
- For the fruit, peel and slice peaches. Combine the peaches, blueberries, orange zest, and Blueberry Peach Butter.
- Place several tablespoons of filling in the center of each crepe forming a 2 by 3-inch strip. Fold in right and left side edges of crepe over filling. Fold edge of crepe closest to you up and over filling and then roll crepe up. Serve topped with fruit and garnish with mint leaves.