Mexican Egg in a Hole
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2-inch rings, seeds and core removed
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into 1/2-inch rings, seeds and core removed
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Stonewall Kitchen Mild Tomato Salsa
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Cilantro leaves
- Heat butter over medium-low heat in a large sauté pan.
- Add bell pepper rings and cook 1-2 minutes. Turn over and cook 1-2 minutes or until slightly tender, but not too soft.
- Crack eggs and gently place one egg in each bell pepper ring. Reduce heat to low. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking over low heat until yolks firm and whites harden.
- Place a lid over the pan if necessary. Gently remove peppers to serving plate. Top with Mild Tomato Salsa and garnish with sour cream, cheese, and cilantro.