Egg Nog French Toast
- 3 cups purchased egg nog
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons brandy, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 loaf Artisan Parisienne bread, ends removed, sliced into 16 slices
- 1(13-ounce) jar Stonewall Kitchen Raspberry Peach Champagne Jam or Peach Amaretto Jam
- Powdered sugar
- In mixing bowl, whisk egg nog, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and brandy together.
- Place bread slices in single layer in two 13x9-inch glass baking dishes. Pour egg nog mixture over, dividing equally. Turn bread to coat. Cover dishes with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Pour 1/4 cup melted butter on 1 or 2 large shallow baking sheets, brush to coat pan. Using spatula, transfer bread to prepared baking sheets.
- Brush tops of bread with remaining melted butter.
- Bake 10 minutes. Turn bread slices over and bake until golden brown and crisp on the outside but soft on the inside, about 6-8 minutes longer.
- Transfer French toast to serving platter; spoon a dollop of preserves on each slice and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.