- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or olive)
- 1 russet potato, medium, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 leek, small, quartered, rinsed well and patted dry
- 1 cup asparagus, blanched, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half or light cream
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Honey Mustard
- Salt, optional
- Heat butter and oil in heavy skillet.
- Sauté thinly sliced potatoes and diced leeks together until potatoes are tender and can be pierced with a fork. Blanch asparagus until tender.
- Lightly oil 9x9" baking pan and put cooked vegetables into bottom of pan.
- Lightly beat eggs and add half and half and Spicy Honey Mustard to egg mixture. Salt optional.
- Add shredded swiss cheese and pour over vegetable mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F. oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until center is firm and set. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut small for appetizers or cut larger for entrée portions and serve with mixed salad greens and crusty bread.
*This recipe may also be baked in a pie shell for quiche.