Blueberry Orange Shortcake Scones
The bright zesty flavor of this citrus marmalade and the sweet taste of blueberries blend in this recipe for spectacular flavor.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare scones according to package directions, adding ground cardamom and sugar to the dry mix and adding orange zest to the butter.
- While scones are baking, prepare fruit. Sprinkle blueberries with 1 Tablespoon white sugar and allow to macerate for 1/2 hour.
- Add Orange Cranberry Marmalade and orange liquor (if desired) and let mixture sit for
about 1 hour.
- Split baked scones while still warm horizontally and place on individual plates.
- Spoon blueberry mixture onto bottom scone, cover with second half and top with more berry mixture and fresh whipped cream.
- Strawberries and Lemon Pear Marmalade can be substituted for the blueberries and Orange Cranberry Marmalade.