Blackberry Sage Frozen Yogurt
A sophisticated blend of flavors to savor alone or to liven up slices of cantaloupe or angel food cake
- 6 large fresh sage leaves, julienned
- tiny sage leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Black Raspberry Jam
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Combine sage leaves with orange juice in a small nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and let sage steep in juice for 30 minutes.
- Stir Blackberry Jam into yogurt until smooth. Add orange juice, pouring through a strainer, pressing on sage leaves with a wooden spoon, and blend well. Transfer mixture into a flat glass or metal pan. Cover and freeze until solid, 8 hours or overnight.
- Cut yogurt into pieces and purée in a food processor. Return to freezer until needed. Serve with tiny sage leaves, if desired.