Caramel Apple Baked Apples
Makes 4 medium baked apples
- 4 medium sized firm baking apples, washed, cored and partially peeled at the top (1/3 of the way down)
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Tablespoons dates, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Caramel Apple Butter
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place prepared apples in a baking dish.
- Combine the oats, dates, raisins, almonds and Caramel Apple Butter. Stuff filling into each apple.
- Pour apple juice into baking dish.
- Brush each apple with butter and drizzle remaining butter over the tops of the apples.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle cinnamon over the apples.
- Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and baste apples with cider mixture. Return to oven and bake uncovered until apples are easily pierced with a fork, about 10 additional minutes.
- Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.