Fig and Walnut Butter Eclairs
To make pastry:
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
To make filling:
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Fig & Walnut Butter
- 1 (8-ounce) container Mascarpone
- 1/4-1/2 cup whipped cream, beaten until stiff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 teaspoons brandy, optional
- To make the pastry, bring water, sugar and butter to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low, add flour and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat, add eggs all at once, stir vigorously until eggs are incorporated and dough is smooth.
- Using a pastry bag with a large round tip, pipe 2-inch strips of pastry onto an ungreased, non stick cookie sheet. (If you don't have a pastry bag you may use a spoon to form dough into strips).
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until dough has puffed and turned golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- For the filling, combine Fig & Walnut Butter, Mascarpone and brandy, mix by hand.
- Whip cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form, stir whipped cream into Fig & Walnut Butter mixture until whipped cream has been incorporated.
- Cut off tops of eclairs and stuff with filling.
- Put top back on eclair.
- Chill until ready to serve.