- 7 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 1/3 cup Farmhouse Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1 heaping cup of sugar
- 1 rind of lemon (or orange) grated
- 3/4 cups of water
- Seperate egg whites from yolks (save yolks for other baking or ice cream making) and beat whites with cream of tartar until stiff.
- Mix remaining ingredients well (not yolks), and fold into egg whites.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube or bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
- Invert pan onto a funnel or bottle until cake is cool. Remove from pan.