Bittersweet Chocolate Rocky Road Bars
A perfectly delicious snack or finishing touch to a meal.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into pats
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 2 tablespoons half and half or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 9" baking pan.
- Place flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add butter. Process until the mixture is like coarse meal.
- Add the yolk mixture and vanilla. Blend until the dough forms clumps.
Stop several times during this process to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Pat dough evenly over the bottom of the greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes until golden on top and brown on the edges.
- Cool on a rack.
- Warm jar of Stonewall Kitchen Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce.
- Spread a thin layer on top of cooked cookie bottom. (Use enough to allow nuts to stick to cookie.)
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts, then marshmallows, and finally coconut.
- Drizzle remainder of sauce over the top of the bars in a crosshatch design.
- Allow bars to set until chocolate sauce firms up.