Old World Bars
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts: walnuts, hazelnuts or almonds
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Black Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except jam. Set aside 1 1/2 cups mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 8" x 8" square pan, metal preferred.
- Spread jam evenly on top, leaving 1/2 inch border from the edge of the pan. Crumble reserved mixture over jam.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.