Bittersweet Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 6 large croissants, or 12 small (12 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Jar Stonewall Kitchen Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl to blend. Gradually mix in 1 1/2 cups heavy cream and 1 cup whole milk.
- Place croissant pieces into prepared baking dish. Spoon on the Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce (in spoonfuls here and there). Pour egg mixture over croissants and chocolate. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Drizzle remaining Cream over bread pudding and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- To make a water bath place baking dish in a large roasting pan. Fill with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the bread pudding baking dish. *If you choose not to use a water bath, cook 30 minutes or until the custard is golden and set in the center. Without the water bath the edges will be crispier.
- Bake until pudding is puffed and golden and custard is set in the center, about 50-60 minutes. Cool and serve warm.