Banana Cream Pie
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 cups banana puree
- Sift together cornstarch and half the sugar, add egg yolks and mix well.
- Bring milk, vanilla and the rest of the sugar to a boil.
- Temper cream into yolks.
- Return to stove and whisk until very thick.
- Add banana puree to desired flavor and cool over night.
- Pour into graham cracker crust, store bought or home made.
- Top with fresh whipped cream flavored with a drop or two of almond flavoring or almond liquor.
- Drizzle Stonewall Kitchen Coffee Caramel Sauce over top.