Easy Holiday Pate de Fruit
Making Pate de Fruit from scratch is a very time consuming process. By using gelatin, you can make this treat in no time. This recipe is based on Bruce Weinstein’s Pate de Fruit recipe from the book, The Ultimate Candy Book.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (1/2 oz.)
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for coating the candy
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Holiday Jam
- Vegetable Oil for coating the pan
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with the vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Add the contents of the gelatin envelopes into 1/3 cup room temperature water. Allow to bloom/soften for a few minutes.
- Place the remaining 1/3 cup water and the sugar in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the Stonewall Kitchen Holiday Jam. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add the softened gelatin and water mixture, stirring until incorporated.
- Pour into the baking pan. Place in fridge. Allow to set for at least 4 hours.
- Cut the pate de fruit into small squares
- Place some sugar on a plate. Roll each square in the sugar until completely coated.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.