Puff Pastry Squares with Black Cherry Filling
For the Filling:
2 Cups ricotta cheese
1 Cup confectioner’s sugar
1/2 Cup Mascarpone Cheese*
1/4 Tsp. vanilla
1/4 Cup semi-sweet chocolate shavings or mini morsels
3 Tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen Black Cherry Jam
Puff Pastry Squares:
1 package of Ready-To-Bake puff pastry sheets, thawed
2-4 Tbsp. Confectioner’s sugar
4 Tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen Sour Cherry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the filling. Mix well and chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the puff pastry squares.
- To prepare the puff pastry squares; unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 squares (for a total of 18), each measuring approximately 3”.
- Place puff pastry squares 1” apart on an un-greased baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes until puffed and golden in color. Cool on a wire rack.
- To assemble each dessert, spread approximately 1 Tsp. Stonewall Kitchen Sour Cherry Jam on a puff pastry square. Top with several Tbsp. of filling. Stack another puff pastry square over the filling. Dust with confectioner’s sugar. A small amount of filling and jam can be used to garnish the top of each dessert.