Holiday Trifle - Serves 4
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Holiday Jam
- 1 store bought or homemade pound cake
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 8 small Amaretti cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Slice eight 1/4-inch slices of pound cake. Spread the Holiday Jam over 4 slices, top with remaining slices. Cut into 1/2" cubes. Set aside.
- To make the custard, whisk together 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the egg yolks. Whisk in the milk and transfer to a medium saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened, do not boil. Remove from heat, add vanilla and cool.
- In each martini glass layer the pound cake cubes, then a layer of custard, repeat.
- Beat whipping cream with confectioner’s sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Top each trifle with whipped cream. Sprinkle with Amaretti cookie crumbs.