Peach Pomegranate Shortbread Squares – Makes 32 squares
- 1-cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1-tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Peach Pomegranate Jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 X 13-inch pan. Line pan with a piece of parchment paper, or foil, large enough to cover the bottom of the pan and come up and over the long sides of the pan forming a sling. Grease lining too.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or you could use a hand mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until dough comes together, do not over mix. Press dough into prepared pan evenly.
- Spread Peach Pomegranate jam over dough within ½-inch of the edges. Sprinkle almonds over jam.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes. Run knife along edges of pan. Lift sling and remove shortbread to cutting board. Cut shortbread into squares and place squares on cooling rack to cool completely.