Fettuccini with Red Pepper Sesame Cream Sauce
An attractive pasta dish. For a delightful substitution, consider a quarter pound of lobster, shrimp or crabmeat in place of chicken. Sooo good and easy to make!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 summer squash, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 - 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz. fettuccini, cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat Stonewall Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken thoroughly. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Saute red onion, red pepper, squash, zucchini, and asparagus in same skillet until crisp, but tender.
- Puree roasted red bell pepper in a food processor.
- Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and pureed roasted red bell pepper. Cook approximately 3-4 minutes.
- In a small saucepan add light cream to broth. Boil 1 minute, then simmer to reduce and thicken sauce (approximately 6-8 minutes).
- Cut chicken into strips and add to vegetables. Add reduced cream and broth.
- Add 3 tablespoons basil and Parmesan.
- Add chicken and sauce to cooked fettuccini and toss. Garnish with remaining basil and additional Parmesan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.