Nana's Macaroni and Cheese
Like a burst of sunshine, we've added Spicy Honey Mustard to brighten our version of Macaroni and Cheese.
- 1 lb. uncooked macaroni, penne, or rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk or light cream
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Honey Mustard
- 3 cups grated, firm cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs (such as Panko)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 1-1/2 to 2 quart baking dish.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside
- In a saucepan, melt butter, add the flour, and cook, stirring gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mustard and blend well.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a low boil, stirring constantly until smooth and sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the cheese until melted, add pasta and stir until well coated with cheese sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pasta in baking dish. In a small bowl mix breadcrumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until bubbly and light brown.