Pesto Pasta with Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 medium plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb. Cavatappi pasta (or your favorite)
- 1-8 oz. jar Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto
- 2-14 oz. cans of artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice plum tomatoes lengthwise into eighths. Remove seeds if desired.
- Place tomatoes on a foil lined and greased baking pan. Sprinkle with vinegar, olive oil and sugar. Bake in preheated oven 20 – 30 minutes until roasted and moisture has evaporated.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Combine pasta, Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto, artichoke hearts, olives, pine nuts, and salt and pepper. Toss gently until pasta is well coated with pesto. Add the roasted tomatoes and toss. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.