Mango Peach Chicken Curry
- 3-4 Tablespoons light olive oil, divided
- 3 cups vegetables, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (such as cauliflower, red bell pepper and zucchini)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch chunks
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup white wine (such as chardonnay or pinot grigio)
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Mango Peach Jam
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add 2 Tablespoons oil to a large heavy bottom skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring frequently, and cook vegetables until they are tender yet still crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan and heat over medium heat until it begins to shimmer, but does not smoke. Add chicken pieces in small batches and sauté until golden brown on all sides and the juices run clear when you cut into the chicken pieces. Set batches aside with the vegetables until all of the chicken is cooked. Drain off excess fat and remove any large dark pieces that are in the pan.
- For the sauce- over medium heat add the wine and deglaze the pan, stirring to remove the fond (small brown bits of chicken on the bottom of the pan). Add the Mango Peach Jam, chicken stock, curry powder and salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer for several minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Return vegetables and chicken to the pan. Stir and heat. Serve over your favorite rice.