Apricot Mustard Glazed Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, cored and sliced into strips
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 3 pounds bone in, skin on chicken parts
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Apricot Jam
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté bell peppers and onion until tender. Remove to a large greased baking dish.
- Add additional oil, if needed and sauté chicken in batches over medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the Apricot Jam, honey, mustard and orange juice. Whisk over medium-high heat until the sauce begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer several minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Place chicken over vegetables and brush with apricot mustard glaze. Bake until the chicken’s juices run clear and an internal temperature of 165 degree F. is achieved. Brush chicken two more times with glaze during the cook time. Remove from oven, tent with foil and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.