Artichoke Chicken Piccata Serves 4-6
This sauce is also delicious with veal or sole. Cooking time may vary.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Artichoke Piccata Simmering Sauce
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a shallow large bowl. Lightly dredge each chicken breast in flour, coating both sides and tapping off any excess flour, set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large, heavy, straight sided sauté pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers, but does not smoke. Add the chicken in batches, making sure to not overcrowd the pan. Sauté until they are a rich golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side. Add additional oil and butter as needed. Remove chicken and set aside.
- When all the chicken is done, deglaze pan with wine or chicken broth. Return chicken to pan and add Artichoke Piccata Simmering Sauce. Cover pan with lid and simmer 15 minutes until hot. Serve over buttered egg noodles or rice.