Spooky Sandwiches – Makes 12 spooky sandwiches
- 12 slices Dark Rye Bread (for cats or bats)
12 slices thin white bread (for ghosts)
For the spread:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney
- 2 tablespoons scallion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Colby cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Cut 24 spooky shapes from the bread with cookie cutters ( The shapes are easier to cut if you roll each slice gently with a rolling pin before cutting)
- Combine all spread ingredients and mix until uniform.
- Evenly spread cream cheese mixture on 12 of the spooky bread shapes and top with remaining spooky bread shapes. Garnish with sliced scallions to make eyes and mouths on sandwiches.