Lime and Basil Marinated Sea Scallops
- 1 round foccacia bread
- 12 fresh sea scallops
- 1 bunch (1-pound) asparagus
- Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
- 2 limes
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1 Tablespoon pure honey
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Liberally coat baked bread with oasted Garlic Onion Jam.
- Clean and blanche the asparagus stalks and set aside.
- Dry the scallops and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear them one minute per side in a hot sauté pan that has been coated with olive oil.
- Add the juice and zest from both the limes and the lemon to a small bowl. Stir in the basil, honey, shallots, black pepper and 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle mixture with 2 Tablespoons of salt.
- Toss this mixture with scallops and allow to marinate for at least a 1/2 hour and no longer than 2 hours.
- In a small pan, sauté the asparagus spears in olive oil with minced garlic. Once tender, deglaze with white wine.
- Serve a portion of the foccacia with the asparagus and marinated scallops. Top with Roasted Garlic Onion Jam.