- 12 taco shells
- 1 1/2 pounds baby scallops
- 1 jar prepared or homemade tartar sauce
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Mango Lime Salsa
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter plus 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Stonewall Kitchen Maine Seafood Rub
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 head or bag Iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 cups grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped red onion, olives and radishes, optional garnish
- For the sauce, mix together 1 cup Mango Lime Salsa with 1/2 cup tartar sauce and 1/2 cup sour cream. Add fresh cilantro and mix again.
- Make at least 1 hour ahead to allow flavors to marry. Can be made up to 1 day ahead.
- For the scallops, place 3 Tablespoons Maine Seafood Rub in a zip lock bag. Put scallops in the bag and shake until evenly coated.
- Melt butter and oil in a sauté pan. Sauté scallops until brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Place in slightly heated taco shells. (Warm taco shells about 1-2 minutes in a 300 degree F. oven. Do not overheat or they will collapse.)
- Fill shells with scallops and serve with sauce, chopped tomatoes and grated cheese as toppings. Additional chopped onion, chopped olives and sliced radishes can be additional toppings.