Pesto Chicken With Italian Three Cheese
- 4 large boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (approximately 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup shredded provolone
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Trim and pound boneless chicken breasts. Cut into quarters.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge the chicken on both sides.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove and place chicken in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Spread approximately 1 tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle chopped tomatoes over pesto and top with the cheeses. Place the dish under the broiler and heat until the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.